We are currently seeking a committed and organized professional to join our customer, an independent humanitarian organization, in Oslo. The HR & Support Unit is responsible for the duty of care framework for experts deployed by the organisation and consists of the following aspects: Contracts, Conditions of appointment, Code of conduct, Compensation and benefits, Health, Safety and security and Staff care. The unit holds in addition responsibilities for certain administrative functions in the department.
The role as Comp & Ben adviser requires that you have some experience in compensation and benefits e.g. benchmarking, salary structures, job structures including job evaluation, as well as knowledge of compensation and benefits within an international context. You also have a good level of numeracy and are confident to provide basic statistical analysis, as well as efficient at coordinating all details and have strong analytical skills. Since you will be working in an international environment we require fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Working in an thriving international environment
- Location in the heart of Oslo
- Hours of work 08.00-16.00, home office possibilities
- Planned start: April
- 6 months duration
What will be your main responsibilities?
To provide HR advise on a general basis to all our project teams and HR focal points and contribute into the HR advisory team. Provide support in using the compensation and benefit system in the organisation to ensure correctly and fair grading and pay assessment for organisations experts going on missions. Update information on allowances and salary locations from provider to all our different systems. Work collectively within the HR unit and other departments to contribute to continuous learning and development of compensation and benefit, sharing experiences, best practice and lessons learned.
- Master’s degree within relevant education e.g., HR, Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics or Statistics
- Experience in compensation and benefits e.g. benchmarking, salary structures, job structures including job evaluation within an international context
- Proficient in MS Office and ability to work at an advance level in Excel and databases
- Good level of numeracy and confident to provide basic statistical analysis
- Fluency in English. Other languages such as French or Spanish, would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently
- Good at coordinating and at details
- Analytical mind
If this sounds like an ideal role for you we would be delighted to receive your CV and application in English